Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Worth about 8,000 words

I seem to be exhausting my vocabulary these days. So rather than blab on about my recent hikes, I'll just share a few pictures with you all! They say a picture is worth a thousand words, which explains why it's so hard to make a living as a writer - words just don't hold their value these days.

This is from our Jumbo-Holdsworth tramp last month. I just like the twisting of the boardwalk through the woods.


Beech trees and ferns dominate Mt. McKerrow's ridge

G sits atop a large rock arch on the Kapiti coast

Kapiti Island, seen from a walkway on the coast.

An old ammunition bunker in the hillside near Round Knob.



What's the p-a-a-a-a-a-a-assword?

Belmont trig, and I'm feeling the sun!

Wellington Harbour seen from Belmont trig.





2 comments:

phspiller said...

Wonderful pictures. I love to see amazing places from the other side of the world pop up before my eyes. It may be that pictures are worth a thousand words, but with a thousand word to go with your pictures, you just doubled the value. :-)

sally in norfolk said...

great pictures....