Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Honeymooners

I got an e-mail recently from a guy in the US who is planning to spend his honeymoon in New Zealand and wants to do some tramping with his new wife.

It's really great to hear people including camping in their holiday plans--especially honeymoon plans! For one thing, it assures me that there are lots of potential buyers out there for How to Make Love in a Tent. But it's also great when people are able to think outside the beach-resort box and use their honeymoon as an opportunity to have an adventure together.

I think that without a doubt exploring the fjords and forests of New Zealand, or the dizzying heights of the Himalayas, is a much more memorable way to begin a life together than lounging beside a pool with a rum punch in hand.

So for all of you thinking about your next vacation (I know I'm always thinking about mine!) I encourage you to pack your hiking boots and do something really memorable.

Do vacations get any more romantic than this?

No way!

No comments: